Last Updated: 30/03/2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for AEDC Clients
Please find below the latest information regarding how AEDC is responding to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We aim to keep clients regularly updated on any actions we take here at AEDC due to the COVID-19 situation in NSW. At this point in time our main method of communication will be via email therefore we encourage people to keep a close watch on your email inbox.
The health and safety of our clients and staff is paramount and we will be following closely the advice from government departments and agencies regarding COVID-19.
Please remember, if you or your child is showing signs of sickness, including fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, in the interest of health and safety, we kindly ask that you don’t attend your appointment at AEDC until fully recovered.
Please inform us if your child will not be attending their appointment because of this reason.
We encourage people to stay up to date with the latest government information here at Health NSW.
The NSW Minister for Health has made public health orders to deal with the public health risk of COVID-19 (coronavirus), temporarily shutting down non-essential activities and businesses including pubs, gyms cinemas and restaurants.
Businesses, including AEDC, can continue to operate but must adhere to existing restrictions on mass gatherings including providing four square metres of space or more for each person.
Fitting within these guidelines, AEDC will continue to provide essential support services for our families during this especially trying time.
It’s not quite business as usual at the clinic, however, as we have had to implement a number of measures to help protect the health and safety of our clients and staff.
- Hand washing for both practitioners and clients prior to and following each appointment.
- Increased sanitising of toys, equipment and work spaces following each appointment and at day’s end. Hand sanitiser for clients in reception.
- Video consultations are now available. Please contact us on 9688 6665 for more information.
- Social distancing in therapy sessions where possible. We are also encouraging parents and caregivers to stay 1.5 metres away from others where possible when waiting in reception.
- We are looking at alternative service delivery options for our social skills groups. Parents and caregivers are currently being contacted regarding the changes.
- Unfortunately due to safety concerns home visits will be placed on hold for the time being. Parents and caregivers are currently being contacted regarding the changes which include video consultations.
1. Clean your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol.
2. Cover your sneeze or cough with your elbow or with tissue.
3. Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
From Monday March 23rd, video consultations will be available at AEDC.
If you or your child are feeling unwell, in self isolation or prefer to avoid public spaces at this time due to the Cornoavirus (COVID-19), you can now meet with your AEDC practitioner from the comfort of your own home. This includes both Medicare and NDIS clients.
Zoom is a user friendly modern video communications tool for video and audio appointments across mobile devices, desktops and telephones.
To book an appointment or to change your scheduled appointment to a video consultation, please call us on 9688 6665.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.