Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for AEDC Clients
Please find below the latest information regarding how AEDC is responding to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
At this point in time our main method of communication will be via email therefore we encourage people to keep a close watch on your email inbox.
The health and safety of our clients and staff is paramount and we will be following closely the advice from government departments and agencies regarding COVID-19.
Please remember, if you or your child is showing signs of sickness, including fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, in the interest of health and safety, we kindly ask that you don’t attend your appointment at AEDC until fully recovered.
Please inform us if your child will not be attending their appointment because of this reason.
We encourage people to stay up to date with the latest government information here at Health NSW.
To fit within the current government recommendations, we will be adopting some extra health and safety procedures at the clinic, as you can find listed below:
1. Due to social distancing, the clinic’s reception waiting area is currently limited to 3 people. To avoid any congestion around drop off and pick up time, we are asking social skills group parents and caregivers to drop their children off and pick them up at the clinic’s front door.
(For the younger kiddies, and for any other children who may struggle with this procedure, please let us know so we can look at alternative arrangements).
2. Online/telephone payments for group sessions will continue until further notice.
Some things to please keep in mind:
1. If you or your child is showing any signs of sickness in the interest of health and safety, we kindly ask that you don’t attend your appointment at AEDC until fully recovered.
2. If you bring your child and he/she is unwell, you may be asked to take your child home until fully recovered.
3. Please remember to wash your hands thoroughly before and after each appointment.
4. Cover your sneeze or cough with your elbow or with a tissue.
5. Please feel free to use the hand sanitiser located in reception.
AEDC has adopted a number of health and safety measures due to COVID-19 including the sanitising of toys and work spaces following every session.
1. Clean your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol.
2. Cover your sneeze or cough with your elbow or with tissue.
3. Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
If you or your child are feeling unwell, in self isolation or prefer to avoid public spaces at this time due to the Cornoavirus (COVID-19), you can now meet with your AEDC practitioner from the comfort of your own home. This includes both Medicare and NDIS clients.
Zoom is a user friendly modern video communications tool for video and audio appointments across mobile devices, desktops and telephones.
To book an appointment or to change your scheduled appointment to a video consultation, please call us on 9688 6665.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.